Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Bloggest Loser


My friend Hyla and another brave woman Kris have started a blog site called "The Bloggest Loser".
It is to be a place of support and encouragement for bloggers who would like to lose weight (If anyone is like me they spend more time in front of their PC then they do taking care of themselves).And to top it all off it is a contest as well!! I think its a fantastic idea to get real support from other bloggers just like you.To know that you are not alone and have the same struggles as others.Also you do it at home, at your own pace and so that minimizes pressure.You set your own goals.
I will admit that my participation in the group will probably be limited, I am a fluffy woman but have no real desire to lose weight.HOWEVER I would like to get into a more healthy lifestyle and if I lose weight along the way then that is a bonus for me.I also am the type of person who lacks every sense of motivation there is.I am hoping this will help keep me in a healthy state of mind(Fingers crossed).
I know that one or two of you have already made it over there ;) For the rest of you check it out !

9 comments:

Bridgett said...

Been there! :)

Celestite said...

I'll be visiting there!
And I love the new look for your page, the white on the sides doesn't bother me. If you want to change it you could probably edit the html.

Hyla said...

You are awesome! Thank you for the support!

Unknown said...

Going to check it out now...this sounds like exactly what I need!

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post and the support...hope we can help you as well. I'm so glad Hyla found me because without her I would have given up on my own contest and I'd be bigger than ever!

Sara said...

Welcome aboard!

Good luck! I'm with you I have no motivation either.

Wendy said...

What a cool idea! I'm always trying to lose "that last 10". LOL So I'll check it out.

Unknown said...

I'll be visiting!

My man is interested in the "Paleolithic Diet". It's really interesting. Basically, eating what humans would naturally hunt or forage--I'd add dairy, due to my arthritis and bond deterioration.

I'm also going to start working out a couple times a week. No pressure, though---that's what ruins it. LOL!

Tara said...

Glad you join the Bloggest Loser! So nice to do this with others!!