Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Super Moon

I happen to be super excited about the 'Super Moon'. I have read and heard that some astrologers think it will bring disasters. One astrologer has said that "huge storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural disasters can be expected to wreak havoc on Earth." Now from what I have read I understand the science of their opinion even if I think its overly cryptic. Remember Y2K? Oh wait, no one does. There was a ton of hoopla about that and nothing happened. When it comes to the moon and all that it does that effects the earth I might have a easier time finding something to worry about. One scientist was quoted as saying "When you have a low tide, there's less water, so the pressure on the seafloor is smaller. That pressure is clamping the fault together, so when it's not there, it makes it easier for the fault to slip." Yup I can see how that would be a issue. But Im not sure that the Super Moon is going to do much and become a catastrophic event. I think its Y2K all over again. I happen to be super excited about the Super Moon. It's going to be full and Im hoping we arent cloudy here so I can atleast say I got to view it. AND not to mention that its happening on the 19th, the night before Ostara. I mean I thought it was bad ass that last year we had a lunar eclipse during Winter Solstice. I look forward to the Moons close visit and hope that none of the things scientists are worried about come to pass. I highly doubt that it will. Anyone have any thoughts or feelings on the Super Moon?

No comments: